goodfellow: (Default)
goodfellow ([personal profile] goodfellow) wrote2024-06-14 08:14 pm

Ed

Robin was adjusting to their new locale better than most people, he imagined. He'd done this before. Many times. Started over. And he'd also spent many years living in places just like this, with no technology. Little comforts.

Part of him was quite reinvigorated.

In the short term, he thought he might as well do something useful. Not to mention that he'd rather missed hunting. So he had fashioned a spear, and was standing at the lake with a small pile of fish at his feet.
no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:22 am (UTC)(link)
When the evacuation had sounded, Ed had been in the armory. He didn't know much, but he knew if the only hope was the nearby system, he wasn't going unarmed. And when his pod had come to a stop, Ed emerged with enough weapons to suit himself.

When he happened upon Robin, he was carrying a phaser rifle on kill in the hopes of finding something worth eating.

"You had better luck than me," he noted, nodding at the pile with admiration.
no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:27 am (UTC)(link)

"I was looking for something bigger than fish," he chuckled. "Back home I'd be looking for a moose. You know what a moose is?"

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:34 am (UTC)(link)

"When I was a kid. Too small to pack it out, but I shot it. Fed my family all winter," he admitted proudly.

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:39 am (UTC)(link)
"I can use one. Did I bring one? No. Nor do I know how to make one," he admitted.
no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:49 am (UTC)(link)

"Sure. Got that. In abundance," he quipped dryly.

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 03:56 am (UTC)(link)

"Don't be nervous, Rob," Ed said, reaching to clap him on the back.

"I'm not going to let anything bad happen while we're here."

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 04:05 am (UTC)(link)
Ed glanced at him sidelong curiously.

You think this is out of my element? Rob, you said you knew about Canada," he said. "Before I met Soph-" he said, chatting along until her very name choked the very breath out of him.

He had to clear his throat.

"Trust me, this isn't much different. Warmer."
no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 04:12 am (UTC)(link)
"I dunno, man. You're the one with the pile of food," Ed pointed out. "You want to get some more? I can help you pack it all back."
no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 04:20 am (UTC)(link)

"Good shot," Ed grinned, waiting for Rob to fetch it.

He'd help.

He wasn't getting wet.

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 04:29 pm (UTC)(link)

"What are we carrying them home in?" Ed asked, admiring the haul. "You got a bag?"

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 04:37 pm (UTC)(link)

Rob wasn't wrong. He'd snagged it on a bramble and it was torn. It was filthy, and Ed knew he didn't smell great. I needed washed, and, really, it may as well get dirtier.

He shrugged, put his phaser down, then peeled his shirt off. On each shoulder was a tattoo. One Earth based ink and one Risan dermal lifted. The ink was the insignia of his first company, having come to the Federation through the Canadian Security Force. The other, a portrait of a woman with dark hair and dark eyes. His build was lean and muscular, and he seemed tensed and ready to fight. Ed carried himself that way when dressed, but bare it was clear he was ready to strike any moment.

"Here," he said, tossing it to Rob.

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 05:04 pm (UTC)(link)

"If you'd wanted to see that bad, you should have asked," Ed chuckled.

"I don't know that I would have taken you seriously, though," he added. "Not up there."

no_joy: (Default)

[personal profile] no_joy 2024-06-15 05:06 pm (UTC)(link)

"Kinda, yeah," he shrugged. "I figured it was part of your business model."

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-15 17:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-15 18:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-15 21:09 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-15 22:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 02:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 02:41 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 02:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 03:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 22:38 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 23:01 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 23:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 23:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-16 23:52 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 00:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 00:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 01:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 02:17 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] 0_0_7 - 2024-06-17 02:35 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 02:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 02:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 21:38 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 22:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-17 23:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-18 22:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-18 22:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] no_joy - 2024-06-20 03:11 (UTC) - Expand